The AMA is working hard to achieve the best outcomes for you and your patients. AMA Victoria provides support services tailored to your needs. As a member you can:
- have your say and contribute to our lobbying of government at your local subdivision meetings and at AMA forums
- stay current with our fortnightly electronic newsletter, vicdoc magazine and the Medical Journal of Australia
- access first-line legal and industrial relations advice and advocacy in case of any disputes with your employer or if you need your employment contract reviewed
- receive anonymous and confidential support from other doctors during times of stress, through our Peer Support Service
- be rewarded with significant discounts on a range of commercial services, including finance, travel and business, and
- attend seminars and professional development courses to help you advance your career.
Call (03) 9280 8722 to speak with a member of the Workplace & Advocacy team
Working as a specialist in a Victorian Public Hospital Q&A
This page contains questions and answers on working as a specialist in a public hospital.
2013 Public Health Sector Medical Specialists Enterprise Agreement
In December 2013 a new state wide Enterprise Agreement was put in place. For the first time ever, there is a legally enforceable agreement which covers all Specialists employed in Victorian public hospitals.
Navigating first-year consultant offers
Final-year registrars who are successful in getting appointments as first-year consultants in Victorian public hospitals in 2017 will be receiving offers and contracts over the next few months.
Rates of pay
This page details the rates of pay for hospital-employed specialists.
CME Reimbursement for Specialists
The CME Agreement is part of the 2009 Medical Remuneration Heads of Agreement between AMA, ASMOF, the Victorian Hospitals Industrial Association, and DHS