Responding to Now – 2 session program
Two sessions, 75 minutes each in duration, 2 weeks apart
‘Responding to now’ is a short program designed to discuss, plan and practice everyday leadership behaviours that can be helpful and effective in your role and situation right now.
It is a year since we first launched this program to support medical leaders in their response to the COVID -19 pandemic. As each new outbreak and lockdown occur, a new set of personal and professional challenges emerge to test us.
Two of the big challenges presenting in the coaching work we are doing are:
1. Leading through a continuing crisis – caring for self and others at work
As we move through October, November and December, many of us will face unprecedented challenges as rising COVID-19 case numbers make it difficult to rest and return to more normalcy at home and at work.
Many of the doctors we are working with are concerned for their colleagues’ wellbeing – exhaustion, burnout and low morale are all being used to describe where they and their teams are at.
Our ‘Responding to Now’ coaching program offers an opportunity to discuss where things are at for you and your team/colleagues, and to then think through realistic and practical actions that can address looking after people now and through the next 6+ months.
Some of the areas we can assist you to work on include:
- Looking after each other professionally: Tips for the ‘R U OK?’ conversation.
- Making the most of the collaborative work situations we have – especially online.
- Strategic thinking and planning around leave for self and others.
- Making the most of the small opportunities we have to rest and recover.
- Prioritising Self Care: In order to be able to care for ourselves and others.
2. Leading and motivating teams remotely in a virtual world
An added challenge coming up for leaders presently are the many restrictions in place which limit opportunities for connection and engagement with their teams and colleagues. Leaders are having to lead and collaborate more and more via different online platforms.
So, the challenge is how do you lead and motivate others remotely? How do you make the most of online collaborative workspaces?
This 2-session program is just as much for any doctor attending meetings and working with others online, as it is for team and unit leaders who are leading and chairing these meetings and online forums.
The aim of the program is to:
- Provide context to understanding the specific challenges you face with your team/group in online meetings.
- Provide a forum for sharing behaviours and practices to increase effective participation by everyone involved.
- Explore how you can set the stage for engagement and participation, while role modelling effective collaborative online practices.
- Develop skills in communicating expectations and accountability online, to increase motivation and performance.
The aim is that you come away from each session with at least three tangible things you can do, and that is realistic to achieve within current demands.
Please use the BOOK NOW button below to book this program.
AMA Victoria Member - $687.50 +GST
Non-Member - $1465 + GST
“Any questions? Please email our Leadership Coach, Dr Anna Clark, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not a member, you can click here to join.